Being a great leader is all about having a genuine willingness and a true commitment to lead others to achieve a common vision and goals through positive influence. No leader can ever achieve anything great or long-lasting all alone. Teamwork goes hand in hand with leadership. Leadership is about people-and for people.
John C. Maxwell is widely considered to be one of the world’s top leadership thinkers. I have compiled 44 of the best quotations from his books to inspire you to be a great leader, too.
1. “A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” John C. Maxwell
2. “Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.” John C. Maxwell
3. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” John C. Maxwell
4. “Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.” John C. Maxwell
5. “A leader who produces other leaders multiplies their influences.” John C. Maxwell
6. “A successful person finds the right place for himself. But a successful leader finds the right place for others. John C. Maxwell
7. “Real leadership is being the person others will gladly and confidently follow.” John C. Maxwell
8. “When the leader lacks confidence, the followers lack commitment.” John C. Maxwell
9. “The leader’s Attitude is like a thermostat for the place she works. If her attitude is good, the atmosphere is pleasant, and the environment is easy to work in. But if her attitude is bad, the temperature is insufferable.” John C. Maxwell
10. “If you wouldn’t follow yourself, why should anyone else?” John C. Maxwell
11. “Great leaders always seem to embody two seemingly disparate qualities. They are both highly visionary and highly practical.” John C. Maxwell